A database administrator (DBA) to be responsible for the availability, performance, integrity and security of databases. He/she will be involved in the planning and development of the database designs, as well as in troubleshooting issues on behalf of end users
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of RDMBS software and related products
- Evaluate database features and database related products
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Take care of the Database design and implementation
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Perform application tuning and performance monitoring
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
- Work as part of a team and provide 24×7 support when required
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
- Interface with database OEMS for technical support.
- Patch Management and Version Control
- knowledge of Middle tier solutions (such as Oracle Weblogic, Glassfish, Tomcat)
Qualification & Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field of study
- 5+ years in Database administration
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Experience with Oracle and MySQL databases
- Proficiency in Oracle APPS DBA
- Must have a demonstrated track record of success in database administration.
- Must be a self-motivated, results-oriented individual with a positive “get-it-done” attitude.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to take a proactive position in understanding client needs and providing viable solutions
- Determination to excel and takes ownership of their work
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you check any of these boxes, please send an email to email@example.com with “Database Administrator” as your email subject. The application runs from 23rd – 31st May, 2019.