SoftAlliance’s Managed Services Contract at Oando: A Huge Success!
A few years ago, following the successful completion of ERP gap analysis and a validation of the report by Oracle, several options for upgrading to R12 were reviewed. Managed Services was selected as the preferred method after a five-year comparative analysis. Soft Alliance was engaged as the Oracle partner to deliver R12 upgrade and post-implementation support over an initial five-year period for companies like Oando etc.
Oando Plc has used the Oracle ERP R11 system for more than six years, and it is the system of record for core business functions. The initial drive for the migration to R12 was informed by the functional gaps in R11 especially in the area of IFRS reporting, the volume of customization, the sluggishness of the application and the announcement of discontinued support.
Managed Services ensured that a robust support structure exists as both the technology platform and application modules were outsourced to Platinum partner Soft Alliance.
The overall objective of the project is to provide a world-class technology platform and solution to support the broad goals of all Oando entities over the next five years through significant enhancements to financial, supply chain, asset management, budgeting and human resources functions.
The detailed objectives are listed below
- Deliver and install new Oracle hardware in Oando HQ and DR data centers
- Upgrade and reconfigure current R11 modules to R12 in line with industry best practices
- Implement a standard solution to replace the custom Oil Inventory Management (OIM) module
- Conduct functional and technical training to all Oando stakeholders thereby supporting Oando knowledge management initiatives
- Propose and implement a standard solution to replace OGP gas metering and customer invoicing application
- Minimize customization by adopting standard features in R12
- Define a robust service-oriented architecture framework for third-party application integration
- Via Managed Services contract, provide technical and techno-functional resources to support the new ERP infrastructure and applications post go-live over an initial period of five years
The upgrade and reconfiguration of current R11 modules covering the following:
- Oracle Financials covering General Ledger, Account Payable, Account Receivable, Fixed Assets and Cash Management
- Oracle Procurement and Inventory covering Oracle iProcurement, Oracle Purchasing, and Oracle Inventory
- Oracle Project Management, Oracle Project Costing, and Oracle Project Billing
- Oracle Order Management
- Oracle Process Manufacturing
- Oracle HRMS, Oracle Payroll, Oracle Learning Management, Oracle Self-Service